Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life is Good!

I'm all for protecting the environment and saving money at the same time. Most of all, I am for protecting my health and the health of my family and pets. Since switching to an environmentally friendly company, my home is safer and our family's budget profile has improved.

I remember going into the grocery store on an average of 4 times per week...just for the perishable items that I had run out of. And then, of course, I would have to pick up some snacks and other unplanned items. My spending was running high every week and each month as my husband and I looked at our spending, we couldn't figure out what was happening.

Then, I found some healthy alternatives that even improved the health of our budget.
Here's how I did it --

1) I joined a food co-op where I got more fresh produce and breads that last longer and have more vitamin content. This stretched over two weeks instead of one. The produce would last longer because of its freshness and the cost of the produce was less.

2) I joined a company that produces more green products for cleaning. These products are very concentrated so they last longer. So, we hit two birds with one stone. Healthier, more green products that are concentrated and a healthier budget. Life is good!

No comments: